Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Letter from Assistant Principal Alec Liem

 

Greetings Largo IB Scholars and Parents,

It has been an incredible honor and privilege to serve the Largo High School community and IB families for the last six years.  As some of you may know, I have recently been appointed as the Principal of Largo Middle School, effective March 24th.  Although I will miss my work and school family tremendously, I am looking forward to the challenges that my new position has to offer.  

Our IB program has grown immensely as our staff continues to work diligently to support your children.  When I reflect back on my time at Largo High School, so many fond memories come to mind.  Interacting and watching our scholars grow academically, socially, athletically and artistically has been an experience that I will forever cherish.   Collectively, we have built the Largo High School IB programme from just over 100 IB scholars to a prominent program of over 350 scholars. Our programme is on a terrific trajectory, and I am confident that the Largo High School IB programme will continue to grow and prosper.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to serve you, your children, and this outstanding school community and sincerely hope you know how proud I am of our scholars.  I look forward to hearing great things about their accomplishments as they continue their education at Largo High School as well as any of their post-secondary endeavors.   I know that Dr. Finkbiner, in parallel with the Office of Advanced Studies and Academic Excellence, will work diligently to find a candidate to continue the work that we are doing.

Please know that I am a phone call or email away if you have any questions or if I can assist you as it relates to the well-being of your scholar!  I am extremely excited to take on this new role, but my Largo High School family will always hold a special place in my heart.  Thank you for all your support during my time at Largo High School. It’s been a true pleasure to partner with you in your child’s education.

 

Sincerely,

 

Alec Liem

Assistant Principal

International Baccalaureate Coordinator

Largo High School 

ATTENTION: THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS OBSOLETE. We are in the process of determining what Largo IB Partners’ online platform will look l...