Friday, August 26, 2016

IB Senior Information

FAQ From Your Counselor, Ms. Wolfe
wolfecai@pcsb.org
wolfecai7.wixsite.com/advisor


Q: Who is my guidance counselor?
  • Mrs. Wolfe; Room 2-211. 
  • Email: wolfecai@pcsb.org (This is the fastest way to reach me)
Q: How do I request an official transcript?
  • All transcript requests go through Brenda Chevere, the IB clerk, room 2-202 (chevereb@pcsb.org)
  • If you are applying through the Common App, I will send those manually, no requests are needed. HOWEVER, if you need a final transcript sent via Common App, you MUST notify me in writing before you leave for the summer.
Q: I need a recommendation from you via Common App. How do I send it to you?
  • Put my email in the counselor recommendation field; this sends me an email inviting me to complete your secondary school report, as well as the recommendation.
  • Make sure to schedule an informal Rec Letter interview with me AT LEAST three (3) weeks before the due date.
Q: What do I bring to my Rec Letter Interview?
  • Bring your resume and recommendation form (the one you are working on in Mrs. Beck's TOK class).
  • Please review your top choices' websites so that you are familiar with what kind of student they are looking for.
Q: I still haven't finished my Bright Futures Hours, what do I need to do?
  • Once you figure out when you are going to complete your hours, complete a proposal. If approved I will give you the log sheet needed to record your hours.
  • Turn in your hours to me once completed, and I will enter them into portal.
Q: Can you help me find the most up to date scholarships?
  • Yes! My website (wolfecai7.wixsite.com/advisor) is updated weekly.
  • Largo HS website (www.pcsb.org/largo-hs) under "For IB Students" is updated weekly.
  • I will also send out updated scholarships from Pinellas County via Managebac.
Q: I am going to visit a college during the week. What do I need to do beforehand?
  • Fill out a College Visit Form 
  • Turn the complete form into Brenda Chevere, the IB Clerk, room 2-202
Q: Is there help available for the College Application Eassay?
  • Yes, Saturday, August 27th from 2;00 - 3:00 pm. at Countryside Library (2640 Sabal Springs Dr), Maria Gerakios, an Honors English teacher from Countryside High School will be hosting a workshop on What Colleges Really Want. 

ATTENTION: THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS OBSOLETE. We are in the process of determining what Largo IB Partners’ online platform will look l...